The project comprises a comprehensive impact study shedding light on how Business Finland (BF) has succeeded in achieving the objectives associated with innovation and business subsidy funding and global network services.
Compared to previous evaluations, the goal is further to boldly proceed to the next level by also analyzing the spillovers of Business Finland’s interventions. Spillovers are one of the major motivations for public interventions, but they are hard to study empirically.
The impact study focuses on the following major questions:
- How Business Finland activities (funding and services) succeed to improve the global growth for Finnish companies? Which of Business Finland tools are most successful?
- What is a role of export-promoting services (Business Finland global network in America and Europe) in global growth for companies? Are there any differences if companies have used both innovation and export-promoting services or separately?
- What kind of critical obstacles and bottlenecks have affected to achieve these goals?
- What kind of societal impacts (renewal of economy, environment, well-being, capabilities) have been achieved and how it could be measured?
- What are the future guidelines how Business Finland can improve global growth activities that increase renewal of companies in the Finnish innovation and business environment?