Etla’s research activities focus on two thematic areas and the research is carried out in four research groups.
Theme 01 Impact of Economic Policy
The aim is to provide information on how economic policy can promote competition and business conditions between companies in Finland and improve the competitiveness of Finnish production on the world market.
- Finland’s competitiveness
- Finland’s capacity to adapt to economic shocks
- Flexibility in the labor market contract system/institutions
- Impact of the transport system on business agglomeration
- Factors influencing corporate investment activity
- Structural competitiveness indices
- The Finnish regulatory system and its impact on competition between companies in Finland
- Methods for assessing the impact of social security, both in the short term and throughout the life cycle of, particularly in terms of labor supply and the effectiveness of the income transfer system
02 Impact of Driving Forces (Megatrends)
The research focuses on the driving forces’ (megatrend’s) effects on the business sector and on the preconditions of economic policies
- Economic Analysis of Climate Change
- The impact of technological change and aging on the need for adult and retraining
- Impact of digitalization on the Finnish tax system
- Pressures for the tax system in the EU
- Time after artificial intelligence
- Future of the forest sector
- Globalization and trade policy.